Special notice to California users:
You, the buyer, may cancel this agreement, without penalty or obligation, at any time prior to midnight of the third business day following the original date of this contract, excluding Sundays and holidays. To cancel this agreement, mail or deliver a signed and dated notice which states that you, the buyer, are canceling this agreement, or words of similar effect, or you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This notice shall be sent to: Teehamo, Attn: Cancellations, Oremeta street, Eleyele, Ologuneru, Ibadan. email@example.com For additional state specific information, please see the paragraph below on State Specific Terms.
Terms & Conditions
Adult users only
This Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. If you are under 18, you are not authorized to use this Website and will not be afforded access to any features of this Website that allow for you to provide information to us or to share information with other users of this Website.
Teehamo STRONGLY ADVISES YOU TO USE EXTREME CAUTION BEFORE SHARING PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WITH OTHER USERS OF THIS WEBSITE. Teehamo DOES NOT CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS ON OR SCREENINGS OF ITS USERS. Teehamo ALSO DOES NOT INQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUNDS OF ITS MEMBERS OR ATTEMPT TO VERIFY THE STATEMENTS OF ITS MEMBERS BUT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CONDUCT ANY CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK OR OTHER SCREENINGS (SUCH AS SEX OFFENDER REGISTER SEARCHES), AT ANY TIME AND USING AVAILABLE PUBLIC RECORDS. YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND THAT YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO REGISTER AS A SEX OFFENDER WITH ANY GOVERNMENT ENTITY.
Your safety and security are very important to us. The nature of this Website promotes the sharing of personal information by users with other users. Teehamo cannot and does not assure that it is safe for you to have direct contact with other users of this Website. Current technological developments make it possible for users of the Internet to obtain personal information about, and locate, other users, with very little other information. For example, it is possible to use certain widely available commercial Internet search engines to locate a person’s home solely using that person’s correct name. If you believe that any user of this Website is harassing you or is otherwise using personal information about you for unlawful purposes, we encourage you to first inform local law enforcement authorities and then to contact us via The Feedback Form so that we may take appropriate action to block further use of the Website by any user who is using this Website and information obtained from it for improper purposes.
By accessing this Website, you agree to use any personal information provided to you by other users of this Website in a lawful and responsible manner. You further agree that you will not use personal information about other users of this Website for any reason without the express prior consent of the user that has provided such information to you.
A-List Membership and Other Paid Features
Teehamo is free, but if you would like to upgrade to an A-List membership or any other paid features (the "Service"), the following terms apply.
Billing and Payment. Teehamo bills you through an online account for use of the Service. You agree to pay Teehamo all charges you subscribe for on the Website using this online account. Teehamo may correct any billing errors or mistakes that it makes even if it has already requested or received payment. This paragraph includes any agreements you make on the Website when you purchase the Service. You agree to maintain current, complete and accurate information for your billing account at any time you have a subscription. In addition, you authorize us to obtain updated or replacement expiration dates and card numbers for you credit or debit card as provided by your credit or debit card issuer.
(1) Your subscription for the Service will continue indefinitely until cancelled by you. After your initial subscription period, and again after any subsequent subscription period, your subscription will automatically continue for an additional equivalent period, at the price you agreed to when subscribing. You agree that your account will be subject to this automatic renewal feature. If you do not wish your account to renew automatically, or if you want to change or terminate your subscription, please log in and go to the Change / Cancel Membership page. If you cancel your subscription, you may use your subscription until the end of your then-current subscription term and your subscription will not be renewed thereafter. However, you won’t be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of the subscription fee paid for the then-current subscription period.
(2) By subscribing, you authorize Teehamo to charge your credit card, debit card or other payment method at such time and again at the beginning of any subsequent subscription period, including any sales or similar taxes imposed on your subscription payments. Upon the renewal of your subscription, if Teehamo does not receive payment, you agree that Teehamo may either terminate or suspend your subscription and continue to attempt to charge your payment method provider until payment is received (upon receipt of payment, your account will be activated and for purposes of automatic renewal, your new subscription commitment period will begin as of the day payment was received). If you do not terminate your subscription and/or if you continue to use the Service, you agree that Teehamo is authorized to charge the payment method in your online account. Teehamo may also seek payment directly from you. Your charges may be payable in advance, in arrears, per usage, or as otherwise described when you initially subscribed to the Service.
c. Promotions. Any free trial or other promotion that provides subscriber-level access to the Service must be used within the specified time of the trial. You must cancel your subscription before the end of the trial period in order to avoid being charged a subscription fee.
(1) When you purchase features on the Website for a fee, some purchases grant you an unlimited license to use a feature during a set time period. Other purchases may grant you a limited license to use a feature where the license is governed by the use of “tokens”, “points” or similar terms (“License Triggers”) during a set time period. Upon the expiration of the time period, any unused License Triggers expire. In some cases, we may redeem any unused License Triggers ourselves prior to termination and provide you the feature(s) related thereto so you have no unused License Triggers when the license period expired, although we are not obligated to do so. We may also give you a license to use features that use License Triggers for free or as part of a promotion. In all cases, any license to use any of our Services is subject to your compliance with these Terms & Conditions and a non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable.
(2) You understand and agree that while License Triggers may be described as being “purchased”, “bought”, “redeemed” or “spent”, the License Triggers themselves are not real world or virtual currency and do not refer to any credit balance of real currency or its equivalent. Rather, you receive a limited license to use certain features we offer and the License Triggers are for use only to organize how that license may be used. The purchase and sale of this limited license is a completed transaction upon receipt of your payment and is not refundable regardless of the extent to which you use the license. Your ability to use any License Triggers related a license is effective immediately once they are placed in your Account. If you choose to not use the license to its fullest extent, and let License Triggers expire or allow us to redeem them for you, if applicable, you may do so. Any License Trigger balance shown in your Account does not constitute a real-world balance or reflect any stored value, but instead only constitutes a measurement of the extent of your license. We may redeem any unused License Triggers for you promptly after their expiration date if we choose. If you delete your account, we are entitled to redeem all your unused License Triggers on the date of deletion.
(3) The terms of any purchase will be explained on the purchase page on our website, where you will provide your billing information and confirm the particulars of your purchase. If you purchase a license that uses License Triggers, your order will represent an offer to us to purchase a license for the relevant feature(s) which will be accepted by us when we make the License Triggers available in your Account or debit your credit card, whichever comes first, and you can then use the feature(s) immediately. Some purchases will automatically renew. If a purchase that automatically renews involves License Triggers, we will charge your payment method upon the expiration of the license you purchased and the number of License Triggers you originally purchased will be added to your Account to allow you to continue to use the licensed feature(s). Any additional terms of any purchase including an automatic renewal will be explained on the purchase page, which are incorporated herein.
Teehamo uses industry standard efforts, such as firewalls, to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. However, perfect security does not exist on the internet; Teehamo cannot and does not guarantee that any personally identifiable information provided to us will not become public under any circumstances.
Access and proprietary rights
Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website (and such description must be reasonably sufficient to enable Teehamo to find the alleged infringing material);
- your address, telephone number and email address;
- a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Notice of claims of copyright infringement should be provided to Teehamo’s Copyright Agent at firstname.lastname@example.org or the following address:
Humor Rainbow, Inc.
Copyright Compliance Department
8750 N. Central Expressway, Suite 1400
Dallas, Texas 75231
Teehamo will terminate the account of repeat infringers.
In certain instances, Teehamo may agree to provide you with access to secure, password protected pages of the Website. Such access is restricted to authorized users only; any attempt by you to access these areas without authorization may subject you to criminal or civil liability.
This Website may contain links to other websites that are not operated or controlled by Teehamo. Use of these links to access other Internet sites is at your own risk. Teehamo is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or quality of any information or services provided or products sold at these sites. Teehamo establishes links to other websites for the convenience of its users; however, such links are not intended to be an endorsement of the other website.
Notices and disclaimers
THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR OTHERWISE REPRODUCED WITHOUT Teehamo’S WRITTEN PERMISSION EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH ABOVE. USERS MAY NOT PUBLISH OR CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS FROM THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE FOR ANY PUBLIC OR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.
The products and services mentioned or promoted on the Website, including password protected information relating thereto may be changed by Teehamo at any time without notice. Information about products or services offered by third parties are referred to on the Website for information purposes only. Teehamo’s provision of any such information is not intended to constitute an endorsement or recommendation, by Teehamo, of such products or services.
USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS, WHERE IS,” AS AN ACCOMMODATION, AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, NOR DOES Teehamo PROVIDE ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND IN RESPECT OF ANY GOODS AND SERVICES PURCHASED OR PROVIDED VIA THIS WEBSITE (UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY STATED IN WRITING IN THE RELEVANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE) OR ANY LINKS TO THIS WEBSITE. Teehamo EXPRESSLY EXCLUDES ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT IN RESPECT OF THIS WEBSITE AND ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED VIA THIS WEBSITE OR ANY LINKS TO THIS WEBSITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL Teehamo BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCURRED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF ANY INACCURACY OR ERROR IN THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE WEBSITE, ANY DEFICIENCY, ERROR OR INTERRUPTION IN THE WEBSITE, OR ANY DEFICIENCY, DEFECT OR FAILURE OF ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR PROVIDED VIA THIS WEBSITE OR ANY LINKS TO THIS WEBSITE. Teehamo SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES, COSTS OF REPLACEMENT GOODS, LOSS OR DAMAGE TO DATA OR EQUIPMENT ARISING OUT OF YOUR RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE, THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY DEFICIENCY, DEFECT OR FAILURE OF ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR PROVIDED VIA THIS WEBSITE OR ANY LINKS TO THIS WEBSITE, EVEN IF Teehamo HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY IN THE EVENT OF ANY DEFICIENCY, DEFECT, FAILURE, ERROR OR INTERRUPTION SHALL BE TO REQUEST THAT Teehamo CORRECT THE MATTER OR, IF Teehamo FAILS TO DO SO, TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY RELEVANT GOODS OR SERVICES AT YOUR OPTION.
Arbitration and Governing Law
b. By using the Website or the Service in any manner, you agree to the above arbitration agreement. In doing so, YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT to assert or defend any claims between you and the Company (except for matters that may be taken to small-claims court). YOU ALSO GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR OTHER CLASS PROCEEDING. Your rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR, NOT A JUDGE OR JURY, and the arbitrator shall determine all issues regarding the arbitrability of the dispute. You are entitled to a fair hearing before the arbitrator. The arbitrator can grant any relief that a court can, but you should note that arbitration proceedings are usually simpler and more streamlined than trials and other judicial proceedings. Decisions by the arbitrator are enforceable in court and may be overturned by a court only for very limited reasons. For details on the arbitration process, see our Arbitration Procedures.
c. Any proceeding to enforce this arbitration agreement, including any proceeding to confirm, modify, or vacate an arbitration award, may be commenced in any court of competent jurisdiction. In the event that this arbitration agreement is for any reason held to be unenforceable, any litigation against the Company (except for small-claims court actions) may be commenced only in the federal or state courts located in New York County, New York. You hereby irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of those courts for such purposes.
d. This Agreement, and any dispute between you and the Company, shall be governed by the laws of the state of New York without regard to principles of conflicts of law, provided that this arbitration agreement shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act.
Your use of this Website is governed by all applicable laws and regulations of the United States and any state and locality having jurisdiction. Information on this Website may be subject to U.S. export control restrictions. Your use of this Website may be subject to the laws of other countries if you are not located in the United States.
Unique and bona fide profile
You agree to create only one unique profile. In addition, in order to maintain the integrity of the Website, by joining, you agree that your use of the Website shall be for bona fide relationship-seeking purposes (for example, you may not use the Website solely to compile a report of compatible singles in your area, or to write a school research paper). From time to time, we may create test profiles in order to monitor the operation of our services.
Commercial use prohibited
The Website is for your personal use only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors. Organizations, companies, and/or businesses may not join and use the Website for any purpose. Illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the Website, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or using personal identifying information for commercial purposes, linking to the Website, or unauthorized framing may be investigated and appropriate legal action will be taken, including without limitation, civil, criminal, and injunctive redress. Use of the Website is with our permission, which may be revoked at any time, for any reason, in our sole discretion. At our sole discretion, we may take reasonable steps, including limiting the numbers of emails you send or receive and electronically filtering or throttling or terminating your e-mail.
In your digital interactions with other users (including, but not limited to: site messages, instant messages, journal postings, and forum comments), you agree to conduct yourself civilly and respectfully. While using the website, you agree that you shall not under any circumstances harass or make mischief against any other user of the Website. Teehamo reserves the right to determine, at its sole discretion, what constitutes harassment or mischief, and where that has occurred; and may, also at its sole discretion, partially or completely deny service to any infringing party. As part of these efforts, Teehamo may enlist the help of its active users to moderate flagged messages, comments and other content to determine if a user’s conduct is harmful to the community.
You agree and consent to receive email messages from us. These emails may be transactional or relationship communications relating to the Website, such as administrative notices and service announcements or changes, or emails containing commercial offers, promotions or special offers from us or third party partners.
Special State Terms
The following provisions are added to this Agreement for subscribers residing in Arizona, California, Connecticut, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New York, North Carolina, Ohio and Wisconsin:
You, the buyer, may cancel this agreement, without penalty or obligation, at any time prior to midnight of the third business day following the original date of this contract, excluding Sundays and holidays. To cancel this agreement, mail or deliver a signed and dated notice which states that you, the buyer, are canceling this agreement, or words of similar effect. This notice shall be sent to:
P.O. Box 25472
Dallas, Texas 75225, USA
(in addition, California and Ohio users may email us at email@example.com or send a facsimile to 214-853-4309).
Please include your Teehamo username and email address in any correspondence or your refund may be delayed. If you cancel, Teehamo will return, within ten days of the date on which you give notice of cancellation, any payments you have made. If you send or deliver the notice to cancel your subscription agreement within such three day period, we will refund the full amount of your subscription.
In the event that you die before the end of your subscription period, your estate shall be entitled to a refund of that portion of any payment you had made for your subscription which is allocable to the period after your death. In the event that you become disabled (such that you are unable to use the services of Teehamo) before the end of your subscription period, you shall be entitled to a refund of that portion of any payment you had made for your subscription which is allocable to the period after your disability by providing the company notice at the same address as listed above.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
At Teehamo, your privacy is a top priority. Your privacy is at the core of the way we design and build the services and products you know and love, so that you can fully trust them and focus on building meaningful connections.
We appreciate that you put your trust in us when you provide us with your information and we do not take this lightly.
We do not compromise with your privacy. We design all of our products and services with your privacy in mind. We involve experts from various fields, including legal, security, engineering, product design and others to make sure that no decision is taken without respect for your privacy.
We work hard to keep your information secure. We have teams dedicated to keeping your data safe and secure. We constantly update our security practices and invest in our security efforts to enhance the safety of your information.
* * *
We appreciate that you trust us with your information and we intend to always keep that trust. This starts with making sure you understand the information we collect, why we collect it, how it is used and your choices regarding your information. This Policy describes our privacy practices in plain language, keeping legal and technical jargon to a minimum.
EFFECTIVE DATE: May 25, 2018
WHO WE ARE
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
COOKIES AND OTHER SIMILAR DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
HOW TO CONTACT US
1. WHO WE ARE
MTCH Technology Services Limited
28 - 32 Pembroke Street Upper
Dublin 2, Ireland
If you live outside the European Union, the company responsible for your information is:
Humor Rainbow, Inc.
555 West 18th Street
New York, NY 10011
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
It goes without saying, we can't help you develop meaningful connections without some information about you, such as basic profile details and the types of people you'd like to meet. We also collect information generated as you use our services, for example access logs, as well as information from third parties, like when you access our services through a social media account. If you want additional info, we go into more detail below.
Information you give us
You choose to give us certain information when using our services. This includes:
- When you create an account, you provide us with at least your login credentials, as well as some basic details necessary for the service to work, such as your gender and date of birth.
- When you complete your profile, you can share with us additional information, such as details on your personality, lifestyle, interests and other details about you, as well as content such as photos and videos. To add certain content, like pictures or videos, you may allow us to access your camera or photo album. Some of the information you choose to provide us may be considered "special" or "sensitive" in certain jurisdictions, for example your racial or ethnic origins, sexual orientation and religious beliefs. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to our processing of that information.
- When you subscribe to a paid service or make a purchase directly from us (rather than through a platform such as iOS or Android), you provide us or our payment service provider with information, such as your debit or credit card number or other financial information.
When you participate in surveys or focus groups, you give us your insights into our products and services, responses to our questions and testimonials.
When you choose to participate in our promotions, events or contests, we collect the information that you use to register or enter.
- If you contact our customer care team, we collect the information you give us during the interaction. Sometimes, we monitor or record these interactions for training purposes and to ensure a high quality of service.
- If you ask us to communicate with or otherwise process information of other people (for example, if you ask us to send an email on your behalf to one of your friends), we collect the information about others that you give us in order to complete your request.
- Of course, we also process your chats with other users as well as the content you publish, as part of the operation of the services.
Information we receive from others
In addition to the information you provide us directly, we receive information about you from others, including:
Other Users. Other users may provide information about you as they use our services. For instance, we may collect information about you from other users if they contact us about you.
Social Media. You may be able to use your social media login (such asFacebook Login) to create and log into your Teehamo account. This saves you from having to remember yet another user name and password and allows you to share some information from your social media account with us.
Other Partners. We may receive info about you from our partners, for instance where Teehamo ads are published on a partner's websites and platforms (in which case they may pass along details on a campaign's success).
Information collected when you use our services
When you use our services, we collect information about which features you've used, how you've used them and the devices you use to access our services. See below for more details:
Usage Information. We collect information about your activity on our services, for instance how you use them (e.g., date and time you logged in, features you've been using, searches, clicks and pages which have been shown to you, referring webpage address, advertising that you click on) and how you interact with other users (e.g., users you connect and interact with, time and date of your exchanges, number of messages you send and receive).
Device information. We collect information from and about the device(s) you use to access our services, including:
- hardware and software information such as IP address, device ID and type, device-specific and apps settings and characteristics, app crashes, advertising IDs (such as Google's AAID and Apple's IDFA, both of which are randomly generated numbers that you can reset by going into your device' settings), browser type, version and language, operating system, time zones, identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (e.g., IMEI/UDID and MAC address);
- information on your wireless and mobile network connection, like your service provider and signal strength;
- information on device sensors such as accelerometers, gyroscopes and compasses.
Other information with your consent. If you give us permission, we can collect your precise geolocation (latitude and longitude) through various means, depending on the service and device you're using, including GPS, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connections. The collection of your geolocation may occur in the background even when you aren't using the services if the permission you gave us expressly permits such collection. If you decline permission for us to collect your geolocation, we will not collect it.
Similarly, if you consent, we may collect your photos and videos (for instance, if you want to publish a photo, video or streaming on the services).
4. COOKIES AND OTHER SIMILAR DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) have a "Do Not Track" (" DNT") feature that tells a website that a user does not want to have his or her online activity tracked. If a website that responds to a DNT signal receives a DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain information about the browser's user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many businesses, including Teehamo, do not currently respond to DNT signals.
5. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
The main reason we use your information is to deliver and improve our services. Additionally, we use your info to help keep you safe and to provide you with advertising that may be of interest to you. Read on for a more detailed explanation of the various reasons we use your information, together with practical examples.
To administer your account and provide our services to you
- Create and manage your account
- Provide you with customer support and respond to your requests
- Complete your transactions
- Communicate with you about our services, including order management and billing
To help you connect with other users
- Analyze your profile and that of other users to recommend meaningful connections
- Show users' profiles to one another
To ensure a consistent experience across your devices
- Link the various devices you use so that you can enjoy a consistent experience of our services on all of them. We do this by linking devices and browser data, such as when you log into your account on different devices or by using partial or full IP address, browser version and similar data about your devices to help identify and link them.
To serve you relevant offers and ads
- Administer sweepstakes, contests, discounts or other offers
- Develop, display and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our services and other sites
- Communicate with you by email, phone, social media or mobile device about products or services that we think may interest you
To improve our services and develop new ones
- Administer focus groups and surveys
- Conduct research and analysis of users' behavior to improve our services and content (for instance, we may decide to change the look and feel or even substantially modify a given feature based on users' behavior)
- Develop new features and services (for example, we may decide to build a new interests-based feature further to requests received from users).
To prevent, detect and fight fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities
- Address ongoing or alleged misbehavior on and off-platform
- Perform data analysis to better understand and design countermeasures against these activities
- Retain data related to fraudulent activities to prevent against recurrences
To ensure legal compliance
- Comply with legal requirements
- Assist law enforcement
- Enforce or exercise our rights, for example our Terms
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
- Provide our service to you: Most of the time, the reason we process your information is to perform the contract that you have with us. For instance, as you go about using our service to build meaningful connections, we use your information to maintain your account and your profile, to make it viewable to other users and recommend other users to you.
- Legitimate interests: We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For instance, we analyze users' behavior on our services to continuously improve our offerings, we suggest offers we think might interest you, and we process information for administrative, fraud detection and other legal purposes.
6. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Since our goal is to help you make meaningful connections, the main sharing of users' information is, of course, with other users. We also share some users' information with service providers and partners who assist us in operating the services, with other Match Group companies and, in some cases, legal authorities. Read on for more details about how your information is shared with others.
With other users.
You share information with other users when you voluntarily disclose information on the service (including your public profile). Please be careful with your information and make sure that the content you share is stuff that you're comfortable being publicly viewable since neither you nor we can control what others do with your information once you share it.
If you choose to limit the audience for all or part of your profile or for certain content or information about you, then it will be visible according to your settings.
With our service providers and partners.
We use third parties to help us operate and improve our services. These third parties assist us with various tasks, including data hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer care, marketing, advertising, payment processing and security operations.
We may also share information with partners who distribute and assist us in advertising our services. For instance, we may share limited information on you in hashed, non-human readable form to advertising partners.
We follow a strict vetting process prior to engaging any service provider or working with any partner. All of our service providers and partners must agree to strict confidentiality obligations.
With other Match Group businesses.
We share your information with other Match Group companies to benefit you in two respects:
- for other Match Group companies to assist us in processing your information, as service providers, upon our instructions and on our behalf. Assistance provided by other Match Group companies may include technical processing operations, such as data hosting and maintenance, customer care, marketing and targeted advertising, finance and accounting assistance, better understanding how our service is used and users' behavior to improve our service, securing our data and systems and fighting against spam, abuse, fraud, infringement and other wrongdoings.
- In order to improve your chances at building significant connections with others, we may make you visible on other Match Group services or allow you to benefit from cross-platform functionalities. We will of course comply with applicable law and, where relevant, notify you of any such opportunity and allow you to agree or to refuse. Examples of such opportunities may include the creation of a new service within Match Group, addressing a specific demographic that we feel would be interesting to you based on your search criteria.
We may also share information with other Match Group companies for legitimate business purposes such as corporate audit, analysis and consolidated reporting as well as compliance with applicable laws. We may also share user information with other Match Group companies to remove users who violate our terms of service, or have been reported for criminal activity and/or bad behavior. In some instances, we may remove that user from all platforms.
For corporate transactions.
We may transfer your information if we are involved, whether in whole or in part, in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control.
When required by law.
We may disclose your information if reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant, government / law enforcement investigation or other legal requirements; (ii) to assist in the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law); or (iii) to protect the safety of any person.
To enforce legal rights.
We may alsoshare information: (i) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of our users, business partners or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing.
With your consent or at your request.
We may ask for your consent to share your information with third parties. In any such case, we will make it clear why we want to share the information.
7. CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
Sharing of information laid out in Section 6 sometimes involves cross-border data transfers, for instance to the United States of America and other jurisdictions. As an example, where the service allows for users to be located in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), their personal information is transferred to countries outside of the EEA. We use standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission or other suitable safeguard to permit data transfers from the EEA to other countries. Standard contractual clauses are commitments between companies transferring personal data, binding them to protect the privacy and security of your data.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
We want you to be in control of your information, so we have provided you with the following tools:
- Access / Update tools in the service. Tools and account settings that help you to access, rectify or delete information that you provided to us and that's associated with your account directly within the service. If you have any question on those tools and settings, please contact our customer care team for help here.
- Device permissions. Mobile platforms have permission systems for specific types of device data and notifications, such as phone book and location services as well as push notifications. You can change your settings on your device to either consent or oppose the collection of the corresponding information or the display of the corresponding notifications. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
- Deletion. You can delete your account by using the corresponding functionality directly on the service.
We want you to be aware of your privacy rights. Here are a few key points to remember:
- Reviewing your information. Applicable privacy laws may give you the right to review the personal information we keep about you (depending on the jurisdiction, this may be called right of access, right of portability or variations of those terms). You can request a copy of your personal information by putting in such a request here.
- Updating your information. If you believe that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or that we are no longer entitled to use it and want to request its rectification, deletion or object to its processing, please contact us here.
For your protection and the protection of all of our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer the above requests.
Keep in mind, we may reject requests for certain reasons, including if the request is unlawful or if it may infringe on trade secrets or intellectual property or the privacy of another user. If you wish to receive information relating to another user, such as a copy of any messages you received from him or her through our service, the other user will have to contact our Privacy Officer to provide their written consent before the information is released.
Also, we may not be able to accommodate certain requests to object to the processing of personal information, notably where such requests would not allow us to provide our service to you anymore. For instance, we cannot provide our service if we do not have your date of birth.
- Uninstall. You can stop all information collection by an app by uninstalling it using the standard uninstall process for your device. If you uninstall the app from your mobile device, the unique identifier associated with your device will continue to be stored. If you re-install the application on the same mobile device, we will be able to re-associate this identifier to your previous transactions and activities.
- Accountability. In certain countries, including in the European Union, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have concerns about how we process your personal information. The data protection authority you can lodge a complaint with notably may be that of your habitual residence, where you work or where we are established.
9. RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA
If you are a California resident, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information about you that we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To request this notice, please submit your request here. Please allow 30 days for a response. For your protection and the protection of all of our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer such a request.
10. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We work hard to protect you from unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information. As with all technology companies, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will always remain secure.
We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices to update our physical, technical and organizational security measures.
We may suspend your use of all or part of the services without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. If you believe that your account or information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately here.
In order to ensure that our systems and your information are protected against unauthorized access, theft and loss, we implemented a bug bounty program. For more information about our bug bounty program, please click here.
11. HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes (as laid out in Section 5 and as permitted by applicable law. To protect the safety and security of our users on and off our services, we implement a one-year safety retention window following account deletion. During this period, account information will be retained although the account will of course not be visible on the services anymore.
In practice, we delete or anonymize your information upon deletion of your account (following the safety retention window) or after two years of continuous inactivity, unless:
- there is an outstanding issue, claim or dispute requiring us to keep the relevant information until it is resolved; or
- the information must be kept for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users' safety and security. For example, information may need to be kept to prevent a user who was banned for unsafe behavior or security incidents from opening a new account.
Keep in mind that even though our systems are designed to carry out data deletion processes according to the above guidelines, we cannot promise that all data will be deleted within a specific time frame due to technical constraints.
12. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Our services are restricted to users who are 18 years of age or older. We do not permit users under the age of 18 on our platform and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you suspect that a user is under the age of 18, please use the reporting mechanism available through the service.
Because we're always looking for new and innovative ways to help you build meaningful connections, this policy may change over time. We will notify you before any material changes take effect so that you have time to review the changes.
14. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you live in the European Union :
Online: Feedback Form
MTCH Technology Services Limited
28 - 32 Pembroke Street Upper
Dublin 2, Ireland
If you live outside the European Union :
Online: Feedback Form
Humor Rainbow, Inc.
555 West 18th Street
New York, NY 10011
Teehamo is committed to protecting your privacy. We aim to provide trustworthy, industry-leading products and services so that you can focus on building meaningful connections. Our approach to privacy is to provide you with clear information about our data practices. That's why we've tried to keep legal and technical jargon to a minimum.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are sent to or accessed from your web browser or your device's memory. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie originated, the "lifetime" of the cookie (i.e., when it expires) and a randomly generated unique number or similar identifier. A cookie also may contain information about your device, such as user settings, browsing history and activities conducted while using our services.
Are there different types of cookies?
First-party and third-party cookies
There are first-party cookies and third-party cookies. First-party cookies are placed on your device directly by us. For example, we use first-party cookies to adapt our website to your browser's language preferences and to better understand your use of our website. Third-party cookies are placed on your device by our partners and service providers. For example, we use third-party cookies to measure user numbers on our website or to enable you to share content with others across social media platforms.
Session and persistent cookies
There are session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies only last until you close your browser. We use session cookies for a variety of reasons, including to learn more about your use of our website during one single browser session and to help you to use our website more efficiently. Persistent cookies have a longer lifespan and aren't automatically deleted when you close your browser. These types of cookies are primarily used to help you quickly sign-in to our website again and for analytical purposes.
What about other tracking technologies, like web beacons?
Other technologies such as web beacons (also calls pixel tags or clear gifs), tracking URLs or software development kits (SDKs) are used for similar purposes. Web beacons are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognize when someone has visited our service or opened an e-mail that we have sent them. Tracking URLs are custom generated links that help us understand where the traffic to our web pages comes from. SDKs are small pieces of code included in apps, which function like cookies and web beacons.
When you visit our website, some or all of the following types of cookies may be set on your device.
|Essential website cookies
||These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas.
||These cookies help us understand how our website is being used, how effective marketing campaigns are, and help us customize and improve our websites for you.
||These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously re-appearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, selecting advertisements that are based on your interests and measuring the number of ads displayed and their performance, such as how many people clicked on a given ad.
|Social networking cookies
||These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our website through third-party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
How can you control cookies?
There are several cookie management options available to you. Please note that changes you make to your cookie preferences may make browsing our website a less satisfying experience. In some cases, you may even find yourself unable to use all or part of our site.
Browser and devices controls
Some web browsers provide settings that allow you to control or reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. The procedure for managing cookies is slightly different for each internet browser. You can check the specific steps in your particular browser help menu.
You also may be able to reset device identifiers by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device. The procedure for managing device identifiers is slightly different for each device. You can check the specific steps in the help or settings menu of your particular device.
Interest-based advertising tools
You can opt out of seeing online interest-based advertising from participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance, the Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance or Appchoices (apps only).
Opting out does not mean you will not see advertising - it means you won't see personalized advertising from the companies that participate in the opt-out programs. Also, if you delete cookies on your device after you opted out, you will need to opt-out again.
To allow you to share content on social media, some features of this website use social media plugins (e.g., Twitter™ "Share to Twitter"; or LinkedIn™ "in" buttons). Depending on your social media account settings, we automatically receive information from the social media platform when you use the corresponding button on our website.
Stuff Google Wants to Make Sure You Know about Google's Data Collection Technology
You can opt out of Google Analytics by visiting www.google.com/settings/ads or by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How to Contact Us
If you live in the European Union :
Online: Feedback Form
MTCH Technology Services Limited
28 - 32 Pembroke Street Upper
Dublin 2, Ireland
If you live outside the European Union :
Online: Feedback Form
Humor Rainbow, Inc.
555 West 18th Street
New York, NY 10011
Profiling and automated decision-making at Teehamo
At Teehamo, your privacy is our top priority. It is at the core of the way we design and build the services and products you know and love, so that you can fully trust them and focus on building meaningful connections.
As part of our commitment to transparency in the way we process your information, we explain here what automated decision-making and profiling are, why it is at the very heart of our service (in fact, it’s probably the reason you love using our products!) and how you benefit from it.
What is automated decision-making and profiling?
Europe’s data protection framework, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), provides the following definitions:
- Automated individual decision-making: making a decision about an individual solely by automated means (i.e., using computers and algorithms only, without any human involvement in the decision-making process);
- Profiling: evaluating certain things about an individual, including interests, preferences or behavior, through an automated processing of personal data (e.g., using computers and algorithms to determine someone’s interests based on his or her online behavior).
Does Teehamo rely on automated decision-making or profiling?
Automated decision-making and profiling are invisible features that are at the core of the services you know and love, upon which we constantly improve and without which we would be unable to help you find the relationship you’re looking for.
We use these features for the following reasons:
To allow you to build meaningful connections with other users.
We use the information you and other users provide us (such as your profile), along with information we collect from your use of our service (like your location, should you allow us to collect it), to power our best-in-class matching algorithm and recommend the most compatible people to you, based on a number of criteria, including the attributes you told us (or we noticed) you like, common interests and location. Of course, we use the same process to recommend you to other users.
Show you ads and offers that may be of interest to you.
We use information about you to show you useful and relevant ads on and off our service and measure the effectiveness of these ads. We also use information about you to deliver offers and discounts tailored to your profile.
To promote safety and security.
We use automated decision-making and profiling as part of our moderation efforts, as well as to promote the safety and security of our users by making it easier to prevent illegal and unauthorized actions from happening and to swiftly and efficiently detect and fight those actions when they happen.
This processing may have a significant impact on users found to be carrying out illegal or unauthorized activities, including suspension and account closure, without prejudice to other legal actions we could take.
Overview. Arbitration is an alternative to litigation where a neutral person (the arbitrator) hears and decides the parties’ dispute. Arbitration proceedings are designed to provide parties with a fair hearing in a manner that is faster and less formal than court proceedings. The following procedures (the “Arbitration Procedures”) are applicable to all arbitration proceedings involving you and Teehamo.
Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution. Teehamo is always interested in resolving disputes amicably and efficiently. So before you commence an arbitration, we suggest that you contact us to explain your complaint, as we may be able to resolve it without the need for arbitration. You may contact us at Teehamo Legal,Oremeta street, Eleyele, Ologuneru, Ibadan. firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrator. The administrator for the arbitration is the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), a non-profit organization that is not affiliated with Teehamo. The AAA facilitates, but does not itself conduct, the arbitration. The arbitrator who will hear and decide your dispute will be chosen from the AAA’s roster of neutral arbitrators. For information on the AAA, please visit its website, http://www.adr.org. Information about the AAA’s rules and fees for consumer disputes can be found at the AAA’s consumer arbitration page, http://www.adr.org/consumer_arbitration.
Applicable Rules. The arbitration will be governed by the AAA’s Consumer Arbitration Rules (the “AAA Rules”), as modified by these Arbitration Procedures. If there is any inconsistency between the AAA Rules and these Arbitration Procedures, the Arbitration Procedures will control. However, if the arbitrator determines that strict application of the Arbitration Procedures would not result in a fundamentally fair arbitration, the arbitrator may make any order necessary to provide a fundamentally fair arbitration that is consistent with the AAA Rules.
Commencing an Arbitration. To commence an arbitration against Teehamo, you must complete a short form, submit it to the AAA, and send a copy to Teehamo at Teehamo Legal, Oremeta street, Eleyele, Ologuneru, Ibadan. email@example.com To learn more about commencing an arbitration and to obtain a form to institute arbitration, see the AAA’s claim filing page, https://www.adr.org/support, and its guide on Representing Yourself in Arbitration, http://info.adr.org/prose. You may represent yourself in the arbitration or have a lawyer (or some other representative) act on your behalf. Upon receipt of an arbitration claim, Teehamo may assert any counterclaims it may have against the complaining party.
Fees. You are responsible for paying your portion of the fees set forth in the AAA’s fee schedule for consumer disputes. Teehamo will pay all remaining fees. If your claim against Teehamo is for less than $1,000, we will pay all fees. If you believe you cannot afford the AAA’s fee, you may apply to the AAA for a fee waiver.
Selection of the Arbitrator. The parties, using the AAA’s standard procedures, will select a single arbitrator from a roster of neutrals prepared by the AAA.
Discovery. Each party may (a) request relevant, non-privileged documents from the other party; and (b) request that the other party provide the particulars of its claims or defenses. Any such discovery requests must be served on the other party within 10 days after the arbitrator’s appointment. The responding party shall provide the requesting party with all responsive, non-privileged documents, the requested particulars, and/or any objections to the requests within 15 days after receipt of the requests. Any disputes about discovery or requests for extensions shall be submitted promptly to the arbitrator for prompt resolution. In ruling on any discovery dispute or extension request, the arbitrator shall take into consideration the nature, amount, and scope of the underlying arbitration claim, the cost and other effort what would be involved in providing the requested discovery, the case schedule, and whether the requested discovery is necessary for the adequate preparation of a claim or defense.
Communications with the Arbitrator. Whenever communicating with the arbitrator, the parties must include each other — for example, by including the other party on a telephone conference call and copying the other party on any written submissions, such as letters or emails. To the extent practicable, conferences with the arbitrator will take place by telephone conference call or email. Ex parte communications are not permitted with any arbitrator.
Confidentiality. Upon either party’s request, the arbitrator will issue an order requiring that confidential information of either party disclosed during the arbitration (whether in documents or orally) may not be used or disclosed except in connection with the arbitration or a proceeding to enforce the arbitration award and that any permitted filing of confidential information must be done under seal.
Arbitration Award. The arbitrator will render a written decision within 14 days after the hearing or, if no hearing was held, within 30 days after any rebuttal or supplemental statements are due. The decision must clearly specify the relief, if any, awarded and contain a brief statement of the reasons for the award.
How to Date Safely:
At Teehamo, user safety is a priority. To stay safe, there are certain steps that you should take while dating – both online and offline.
Please read the information below and remember that you are always the best judge of your safety. These guidelines are not intended to be a substitute for your own judgment.
Finance: Protect Your Finances & Never Send Money or Financial Information
Never respond to any request to send money, especially overseas or by wire transfer, and report it to us immediately – even if the person claims to be in an emergency. Wiring money is like sending cash: the sender has no protections against loss and it’s nearly impossible to reverse the transaction or trace the money. For more information, click on the video below to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission's advice to avoid online romance scams, also available here.
Protect Your Personal Information
Never give personal information, such as: your social security number, credit card number or bank information, or your work or home address to people you don’t know or haven’t met in person.
Note: Teehamo will never send you an email asking for your username and password information. Any such communications should be reported immediately.
Be Web Wise
Block and report suspicious users. You can block and report concerns about any suspicious user anonymously from any profile page, email or messaging window. Keep conversations on the platform. Bad actors will try to move the conversation to text, personal email or phone conversations.
Report All Suspicious Behavior
Additionally, please report anyone who violates our Terms & Conditions here. Examples of violations include:
- asking you for money or donations
- requesting photographs
- minors using the platform
- members sending harassing or offensive messages or emails
- members behaving inappropriately during or after meeting in person
- fraudulent registration or profiles
- spam or solicitation, such as invitations to call 1-900 numbers or attempts to sell products or service
First in-person meetings are exciting, but always take precautions and follow these guidelines to help you stay safe.
Get to Know the Other Person
Keep your communications on the platform and really get to know users online/using the app before meeting them in person. Bad actors often push people to communicate off the platform immediately. It’s up to you to research and do your due diligence.
Always Meet and Stay in Public
Meet for the first few times in a populated, public place – never in a private or remote location and never at your date’s home or apartment. If your date pressures you, end the date and leave at once.
Tell Your Friends and Family Members of Your Plans
Inform a friend or family member of your plans and when and where you’re going. Make sure you have your cell phone charged and with you at all times.
Transport Yourself to and from the Meeting
You need to be independent and in control of your own transportation, especially in case things don’t work out.
Consumption of alcohol and/or other drugs can impair your judgment and potentially put you in danger. It’s important to keep a clear mind and avoid anything that might place you at risk. Be aware that bad actors might try to take advantage of you by altering your beverage(s) with synthetic substances.
Teehamo welcomes everyone and empowers our community of users to create and cultivate relationships. An important aspect of any healthy relationship – whether formed on Teehamo or not – is ensuring proper sexual health and safety. As a member of the Teehamo community it is your responsibility to make sure you do the following, if you choose to engage in sexual activity:
You and your partner should use proper protection. Condoms and other mechanisms can significantly reduce the risk of contracting or passing on a sexually transmitted infection (STI), such as HIV. However, you can still get certain STI’s, like herpes or HPV from contact with your partner’s skin even when using a condom. To be effective, however, protective measures must be used consistently.
Be Open and Honest
It is completely reasonable to have a conversation with your partner regarding sex and sexual contact before actually having it. All issues ranging from the number of partners each of you has had, to the last time each of you was tested for STI’s are fair game. Many STI’s are curable or treatable. If either you or your partner has an STI that is curable, you both need to start treatment to avoid becoming re-infected. It is important to be completely honest in these conversations.
The risk of contracting some STI’s can be reduced through vaccination. Talk to your doctor or a professional at a sexual health clinic to learn more.
Know Your Status
Know your status. Some STI’s don't show symptoms. Regular testing is critical to staying on top of your health and helping prevent the spread of STI’s After testing, always ask for a copy of your test results so you are sure of your status.
For Further Help, Support, or Advice:
In the case that something has happened, immediately call 911. Emergency situations include a recent threat of violence or sexual violence, recent act of violence or sexual violence, or if your health or someone else’s is in danger.
If something has happened and you’re in need of help, support, or advice pertaining to physical or sexual assault, please call the below 24-hour hotlines.
Rape, Abuse and Incest National Hotline
1-800-656-HOPE | https://www.rainn.org/
1-800-230-7526 | https://www.plannedparenthood.org
National Domestic Violence Hotline
1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or 1-800-787-3224 | https://www.thehotline.org
Additionally, if you are aware of anyone who violates our Terms & Conditions, please report them here.